Skip to main content

The Beauty of 21st Century

Time and time again, the human mind never fails to allure me. It intrigues me how easily influenced our mind can be. Pessimistic influences from our peers are understandable at times; but we ourselves beguiling it? To say, "That's  beyond my understanding", is an understatement! More than that, it is surprisingly shocking to fathom how self-centred people have nurtured into.


People are too beauty conscious and are always in pressure that society imposes. They let others define their beauty and this phenomenon, little by little, embeds into their subconscious mind. The way they look physically is never satisfying and, in turn, they gravitate to wanting more. A self-created image forms in the mind and they consistently keep comparing themselves to it.

Flaws are the only trait that they see and calories are the only maths that they mastered in! Well, weighing scales, on the other hand, are the most dreaded equipment. Every time they stood in front of a mirror, they look at it in dismay. Their inability to accept the slightest imperfections and fear of rejections that are deeply etched, causes them to want to fit-in to the 'normal' range that society has formulated. Mind you, it's never going to be any less than 'perfect'.



On a long run, these intangibles turn into a 'voice', a conquering one that's hard to be defied! Gradually, it takes over their entire thought process and orders them on what to and not to do. People are blindfolded by the perfection that the voice makes them feel and unwittingly an abusive theorization develops. Every ounce of life is restrained by the voice. Regretfully, they fail to realise that the voice is only hindering personal growth and regresses their life in many aspects. 


This is an exceptionally grim issue!!!

The numbers of people with eating disorders are sky-rocketing in a day-to-day basis. What is even more disheartening is, children as young as 8 years old being diagnosed as bulimic or anorexic. My mind boggles on how it has become a norm for kids to dump their foods instead of savouring them. 

If that's not tormenting enough, there comes re-constructive surgeries. I am very sure that you would have heard of the Human Barbie and many of such kinds. We, for one, do know that it is humanly impossible to have the Disney princess-like waistline. Nevertheless, there are people who go against the nature to get the so-called perfect hourglass figure by removing their ribs! 

The society that we ceaselessly want to please will never actually be impressed. There will always be 'flaws' and continuous laughing behind our backs. Wanting to have a sexy and slender body is understandable and is totally achievable with proper work-out routines and a balanced-diet. Yet, it is of utmost importance for us to realise that our worth isn't skin deep! All we have to do is to learn to be contented and happy in our own body, whatever size it is. 

How, you ask? Try, Honeybunch. Try! When something terrible can be given life to without much effort, why can't we build thoughts for our own betterment? :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Suicide?

It blows my head off that we are almost heading towards the half-year mark. Doesn't time fly? Time simply flew and the olden days' memories stay fresh in our minds. Or rather, dark memories bug our soul! From the title itself you would have figured out that this is going to be either a controversial or a macabre topic.  I am indeed baffled with the multitudinous cases of suicides that made way to the headlines in no time. Of utmost honesty, I have read at least 9 cases of suicides in a matter of 3 months! My mind went on a roller coaster ride with limitless jerks and twists and turns. I started thinking, as always.  Why do people commit suicide?! That very question lead me to an extensive (approximately 2 months) research. After much needed browsing and readings, I would like to equate suicide to GIVE UP! People simply had given up love, hope, joy, trust, job, dignity, and most importantly; life. They get tired of facing failures, agitated with their

A Different Person

Days passed and I slowly let the routine overtake me. Not wholeheartedly, if I may add on. Never thought that blogging would become a form of procrastination to me. Yet, that's the beauty of it, isn't it? Unpredictability. Life's uncertainty is what makes it oh-so wonderful. What's weird though is when we can't seem to pick up the changes that we personally experience. I mean, if anyone had told me few years back that I'd have certain changes in regards to my emotions and feelings, I, without batting an eye, would have argued with them. I used to roam around and brag about how we're fully in control of our emotions. "Find a shift, bring it back in line", I used to say. Ha! I must have been really high or overtly egoistic; the latter being the only possibility.  I had my emotions bound by an invisible band, unwilling to release it. I restricted myself without realising the shortcomings. I was afraid of attachments in fear of reject

If Not Us, Then Who?

Something that I encountered earlier today seems to be eating up my thoughts more than I thought it would! I was walking back home with bags of groceries and witnessed something unusual. A cyclist fell off his bike due to skidding and a pedestrian helped him up. Pretty normal, isn't it? But what really caught my attention was the praises that the public was showering the pedestrian with. The first one said, "Oh, that is so kind of you". The other one nodded and said, "It's hard to find people like you these days". I'm pretty sure the pedestrian wasn't expecting a hail because that person just smiled and walked away!  Well, that just made me curious. Isn't it normal for a person to help out another regardless of what situation there are in? Do we really need praises for being a human? Mother Teresa was not expecting an award for devoting her entire life in helping fellow humans. Did she? Isn't it something that all of us should be doing na