Skip to main content

A Different Person

Days passed and I slowly let the routine overtake me. Not wholeheartedly, if I may add on. Never thought that blogging would become a form of procrastination to me. Yet, that's the beauty of it, isn't it? Unpredictability.

Life's uncertainty is what makes it oh-so wonderful. What's weird though is when we can't seem to pick up the changes that we personally experience. I mean, if anyone had told me few years back that I'd have certain changes in regards to my emotions and feelings, I, without batting an eye, would have argued with them. I used to roam around and brag about how we're fully in control of our emotions. "Find a shift, bring it back in line", I used to say. Ha! I must have been really high or overtly egoistic; the latter being the only possibility. 

I had my emotions bound by an invisible band, unwilling to release it. I restricted myself without realising the shortcomings. I was afraid of attachments in fear of rejections. I wanted to "safeguard" myself, my sanctity. I wanted to live within the line I drew around myself. I strict myself more than my parents ever would. 

"Which sane person would do that?” you may wonder. I did and I was very much sane as sane can get. It wasn't like I weren't enjoying my life or that I was going through certain hardships. That was my "norm", the way I was manufactured. Lol. No matter how much I tried to control, certain feelings are bound to be felt, something which I blatantly ignored. 

Life is so subtle that I didn't notice the line I drew slowly fading away and my bands breaking loose. I was attuned to the whispers of my heart. Initially, I'd a heated argument with myself and tried to shun it away. The girl I was a year ago is nowhere to be found. I was guilt tripping due to the way I felt as I had zero control over it. 

Soon I realised that those emotions make me. They emerged from within ever so softly and are part of my very being. I am glad that I didn't get lost in a daze of denial. I accepted my evolved emotions despite the inner turmoils. I started noticing a different person in my reflection. A different Sindhu. I am trying to get to know her better. She never fails to surprise me every single day! 

That drove me to another apprehension. We always seem to "know" some people too well. We talk about their character or personality to others without realising that those were mere projections of their ever-changing emotions and feelings. My personal changeover took me by shock. I needed much time to even begin to acknowledge the changes. It applies to everyone around us. Yes, we know them. But, only their previous versions. Their past doesn't define them. Neither do their mistakes. 

It's very surprising to see how fast things can manifest. It just takes a leap to fall into a new territory. And, it has to be done willingly. By being so attached to what we already have, we're thoughtlessly limiting ourselves from elevating to the next level. Human brains are programmed in such a way that it gets robotic after a few days of mundaneness. Excite those cells and reawaken the spark from within. For that, we must turn inward and align with our chi, our soul. ❤ 




Comments

  1. Belated Birthday wishes Sindhu
    Wish you would blog soon
    _ Avid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes and extremely sorry for the late reply. I missed blogging too and came back for a check-in. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Suicide?

It blows my head off that we are almost heading towards the half-year mark. Doesn't time fly? Time simply flew and the olden days' memories stay fresh in our minds. Or rather, dark memories bug our soul! From the title itself you would have figured out that this is going to be either a controversial or a macabre topic.  I am indeed baffled with the multitudinous cases of suicides that made way to the headlines in no time. Of utmost honesty, I have read at least 9 cases of suicides in a matter of 3 months! My mind went on a roller coaster ride with limitless jerks and twists and turns. I started thinking, as always.  Why do people commit suicide?! That very question lead me to an extensive (approximately 2 months) research. After much needed browsing and readings, I would like to equate suicide to GIVE UP! People simply had given up love, hope, joy, trust, job, dignity, and most importantly; life. They get tired of facing failures, agitated with their

If Not Us, Then Who?

Something that I encountered earlier today seems to be eating up my thoughts more than I thought it would! I was walking back home with bags of groceries and witnessed something unusual. A cyclist fell off his bike due to skidding and a pedestrian helped him up. Pretty normal, isn't it? But what really caught my attention was the praises that the public was showering the pedestrian with. The first one said, "Oh, that is so kind of you". The other one nodded and said, "It's hard to find people like you these days". I'm pretty sure the pedestrian wasn't expecting a hail because that person just smiled and walked away!  Well, that just made me curious. Isn't it normal for a person to help out another regardless of what situation there are in? Do we really need praises for being a human? Mother Teresa was not expecting an award for devoting her entire life in helping fellow humans. Did she? Isn't it something that all of us should be doing na