Skip to main content

Relationship 101 (part 2)

In today’s era, many shudder and shrug when marriage is mentioned; I included. We avoid family gatherings, run away from our relatives, or pretend we don’t recognise them, all in fear of them bringing up our marriage topics!

I don’t know about you, but I have received a good share of advices from my aunties on why marriage is important. That being said, do I fear marriage?

I have heard of how both, male and female; complain about their counterparts at the talk of it. That gave me an insight on where the actual problem lies. We are the problem! We try to impose our thoughts, ideologies, mind-set, expectations, and what not, on our partners!

Disregarding our own flaws, we blatantly blame the marriage institution. Marriage in itself can never be the problem. We may have seen couples claiming how life has changed after marriage and how much they miss their singlehood. The truth is marriage isn’t changing anyone. Just that the two married individuals had changed.

Marriage is a beautiful foundation showcasing a wonderful bond between two selfless, receptive individuals who are altruistic and would love to grow together without any expectations, ownership and infidelity.


Every relationship is easy. It depends on three core points: accepting, supporting and encouraging. That's really it, isn't it? All we want is for our relationships to be sensible and balanced. It’s easily achievable by accepting each other as they are; supporting each other through the foreseeable glitches of life; and by encouraging each other in growing, achieving, becoming better and being their truest self!

When a problem arises between the two of you, don’t distant yourself and end up saying, “Oh, it was a miscommunication!”. How could it be one when there wasn’t any form of communication in the first place? Talk it out and move ahead. Don’t try to pick on the previous mistakes that were dusted off long ago. Also, never drag in another person into your relationship problems.

Always remember that you both are two disparate beings that are equal. Connecting with someone on a spiritual level is the most meaningful interaction one can have. Keep that in mind and work on yourself not your marriage because a better marriage starts from a better you!


Hence, I don’t fear marriage but the individuals. They take each other for granted and their marriage is broken before they realise it!


For a person that isn’t in a relationship I do write a lot about it, don’t I? Oh well, what can I do if I have too many opinions regarding it?! :D

For more of my relationship-related posts, click the links below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Suicide?

It blows my head off that we are almost heading towards the half-year mark. Doesn't time fly? Time simply flew and the olden days' memories stay fresh in our minds. Or rather, dark memories bug our soul! From the title itself you would have figured out that this is going to be either a controversial or a macabre topic.  I am indeed baffled with the multitudinous cases of suicides that made way to the headlines in no time. Of utmost honesty, I have read at least 9 cases of suicides in a matter of 3 months! My mind went on a roller coaster ride with limitless jerks and twists and turns. I started thinking, as always.  Why do people commit suicide?! That very question lead me to an extensive (approximately 2 months) research. After much needed browsing and readings, I would like to equate suicide to GIVE UP! People simply had given up love, hope, joy, trust, job, dignity, and most importantly; life. They get tired of facing failures, agitated with their

A Different Person

Days passed and I slowly let the routine overtake me. Not wholeheartedly, if I may add on. Never thought that blogging would become a form of procrastination to me. Yet, that's the beauty of it, isn't it? Unpredictability. Life's uncertainty is what makes it oh-so wonderful. What's weird though is when we can't seem to pick up the changes that we personally experience. I mean, if anyone had told me few years back that I'd have certain changes in regards to my emotions and feelings, I, without batting an eye, would have argued with them. I used to roam around and brag about how we're fully in control of our emotions. "Find a shift, bring it back in line", I used to say. Ha! I must have been really high or overtly egoistic; the latter being the only possibility.  I had my emotions bound by an invisible band, unwilling to release it. I restricted myself without realising the shortcomings. I was afraid of attachments in fear of reject

If Not Us, Then Who?

Something that I encountered earlier today seems to be eating up my thoughts more than I thought it would! I was walking back home with bags of groceries and witnessed something unusual. A cyclist fell off his bike due to skidding and a pedestrian helped him up. Pretty normal, isn't it? But what really caught my attention was the praises that the public was showering the pedestrian with. The first one said, "Oh, that is so kind of you". The other one nodded and said, "It's hard to find people like you these days". I'm pretty sure the pedestrian wasn't expecting a hail because that person just smiled and walked away!  Well, that just made me curious. Isn't it normal for a person to help out another regardless of what situation there are in? Do we really need praises for being a human? Mother Teresa was not expecting an award for devoting her entire life in helping fellow humans. Did she? Isn't it something that all of us should be doing na